dependencies[] for macros
Jim Clark
2005-04-18 22:23:57 UTC
Hi there,

I'm wondering about the dependencies[] section that moinmoin macros
include to declare how they should be cached. I understand that
Dependencies = ["time"] means that a macro will not be cached, but I see
that StatsChart.py uses Dependencies = ["time24:00"].

Two questions:
* presumably ["time24:00"] means refresh once per day, but I couldn't
find anywhere in the codebase that uses this - is this part of the cache
system magic?
* if so, I'd like to update
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/macro/FeedParser, and part of this would
be to include some caching for parsed rss feeds. Is it possible to say
that a macro should be recalculated (say) every two hours?

Thanks,
Jim

Version 11 adds new functionality designed to reduce time involved in
creating, integrating, and deploying reporting solutions. Free runtime info,
new features, or free trial, at: http://www.businessobjects.com/devxi/728