mirroring a MoinMoin wiki
Werner LEMBERG
2005-06-05 23:24:00 UTC
Is there an easy way to mirror a MoinMoin wiki in a statical way, this
is, to get a non-editable snapshot which could be used, say, as a
local documentation of an API to be distributed with a library?

Werner

greg whittier
2005-06-06 00:23:14 UTC
moin-dump appears to be what you're after although I can't say I've
tried it myself. From HelpMiscellaneous: "moin-dump" command line
tool to create a static copy of the wiki content

Greg
Thomas Waldmann
2005-06-06 05:23:35 UTC
Post by Werner LEMBERG
Is there an easy way to mirror a MoinMoin wiki in a statical way, this
is, to get a non-editable snapshot which could be used, say, as a
local documentation of an API to be distributed with a library?
moin_dump.py (see MoinMoin/scripts/.... in the dist archive)

You have to try it, I didn't use it for a long time.

Dan Crosta
2005-06-06 13:17:39 UTC
Is there any way to have multiple instances of a wiki, and synchronize
them later? I know this sounds sort of stupid, so let me explain:

I want to have a wiki to keep track of all sorts of various academic
things -- taking notes, project ideas, etc, and to be able to edit it
off my laptop in class. Some classes have WiFi, so that's not a problem,
but this is not reliable across all classrooms. I'd like to have an
instance of Moin running on my latop that I can edit locally, and then a
way to synchronize it with an instance running on my desktop later,
which I can use to access the information from anywhere if/when I need
to. Is this at all possible?

dsc

Martin Gignac
2005-06-06 13:58:14 UTC
Maybe something in the vein of rsync would be the ticket?

-Martin

--

"Les relations sont sûrement le miroir dans lequel on se découvre soi-même."

-- Jiddu Krishnamurti

Kevin Kleinfelter
2005-06-06 17:22:56 UTC
Has anyone *tried* this? I've been toying with the idea for some time.
Assuming that no page is updated on both the primary and the mirror at the
same time (i.e. between rsyncs) is this reasonably safe?

Would it make sense to rsync the data directory, or just data/pages?

* The file named 'current' would replicate
* The revision files would replicate

Roger Haase
2005-06-06 18:10:56 UTC
Post by Dan Crosta
Is there any way to have multiple instances of a wiki, and
synchronize
I think Unison will do everything you want, and even runs across
multiple OSes. I use it to move a copy of my production wiki running
on Fedora Core 3 to my Windows XP PC. If you are always going one way
(from laptop to desktop) then you can write a script to force changes.
If left alone, Unison will suggest moving the most recent change to the
opposite PC (and force you to choose if both have been updated since
the last sync).

The only tricky part for MoinMoin is you must use the "times=true"
statement to keep the RecentChanges page valid.

You can get it from:
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

A sample config file forcing one way changes follows. This runs on the
Windows PC and forces all changes from the Fedora system to be copied
over and overwrites changes made to the test system. I could have
avoided some of the ignore statements by pointing to the data directory
rather than the wiki root directory.

Roger Haase

root = C:\home\web\Moin\drawiki\
root = ssh://***@penguin//home/web/Moin/drawiki/